Point animation in kilometers per hour

1547   5   0
38 posts
Hello everyone,

I would like to know how I can create an animation of a point so that it travels a line with a measurement in kilometers per hour and not with a &FF/100 function as I have in the carve nodes.
I guess there will be a better solution to create this animation than through these nodes based in a restlength attribute.

The second question I have is how to make the animation follow the predefined normals on the curve. That is, as it happens in primitive 0, unlike in 1, which does it the other way around.
I attach a scene so you can see it more clearly.

Thank you.
Edited by Haruko - May 16, 2022 03:53:09

Attachments:
Curves_Test.hipnc (124.6 KB)
curve_test.abc (2.3 KB)
Capture.PNG (146.1 KB)

38 posts
No one?

I thought it was an easy question...
133 posts
Not 100% sure what you mean but it sounded interesting so here is your file with a point moving in real-world km/h
Houdini is kindof unitless but 1 unit is generally 1m

Not sure my maths is right, just a quick look over lunch, see if its any help
Edited by Hatchery - May 18, 2022 08:39:08

Attachments:
Curves_Test.hipnc (109.3 KB)

Love Houdini
38 posts
Hi Hatchery thank you for your time.

Maybe I did not made my self clear since english is not my mother tongue. Let me explain it a bit more so you can have a clearer view of what I am trying to achieve.

As you can see in the attached scene wich I have updated with another curves examples, there are two lines. What I am trying to achieve is:

- Move a point through them taking their normals as the direction of the animation. Line 0 ( carve 1) seems to work fine, but the other one ( line with primitive1) moves in the opposite direction since the normals are inverted.
The thing is that the animation direction should be automatically driven by the curve normals, since I should not reverse the lines.So in the case of primitive 1 the animation should start in the ptnum 49.

- The other thing is that I would like to determine the speed of the point animation through the lines.

It would be cool if you could have "a minute" to guide me.

Thank you in advance..

Attachments:
Curves_Test.hipnc (95.4 KB)
curve_test.abc (4.4 KB)

38 posts
I do not think it is that complicated.

What I need to do is that given the distance in meters of a line, which I calculate with a measure node, I can animate a point through a carve node (for lack of a better method) and that the speed of the point that I generate to through the carve, be configurable.
133 posts
Yeah sorry, might not be complex for someone else but im not sure on this.
Love Houdini
  • Quick Links