Search - User list
Full Version: Any houdini 19.5 rumors?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Any houdini 19.5 rumors?
eikonoklastes
Midphase
Ugh....that would be really sad. Did SideFX get bought out by Maxon?
Release notes:
- Brand new, modernized, and reimagined for the next generation of software, darker theme.
- General performance improvements
jarenas
LukeP
Me too. Maybe the release is not exciting enough to have a sneak peak?
If so, I doubt they wouldn't have done a live launch event at all...
BrianHanke
I'm hoping for:

1. Groom fixes
2. Karma speed and quality of life improvements
3. XPU getting closer to feature complete
jarenas
BrianHanke
2. Karma speed and quality of life improvements
3. XPU getting closer to feature complete
At least on the motion design industry, I know of several people who are really looking forward to see a mostly feature complete XPU version in order to ditch third party solutions and stay inside Houdini...
RodTebisx
eikonoklastes
jarenas
Maybe they are going the classic product launch way, with event first and later the sneakpeek as a launch event short recap. Soon enough we will see anyway
I vastly prefer this route. When they did a "sneak peek" video for H19, that clip showed pretty much everything from the presentation, and made the presentation feel a bit weak. Not the release, mind you, because 19 is an amazing update, but the excitement from watching the presentation itself was definitely deflated somewhat.

I disagree completely. The official presentation is always very powerful and informative. And the sneak peak is like a golden visit card for the whole thing. Like any interesting thing, you tease people first. IMHO
habernir
all of you forgets that sidefx publish "houdini 19.5 launch" 10 days before the event soo
its only 4 days from now.
so it's understandable why there might not be sneak preview.
but i also hope their will be.
eikonoklastes
Rod TD
I disagree completely. The official presentation is always very powerful and informative. ALike any interesting thing, you tease people first. IMHO
Sure, but their H19 teaser video showed off every single major feature. That's like a movie trailer that shows off the whole plot. I'm all for teaser videos done right, but that one wasn't.
osong
LukeP
Me too. Maybe the release is not exciting enough to have a sneak peak?
you definitely are overdramatizing things.
and even if that's the case - so what? the things that we know of already make it worth, whether it comes with a video or not
eikonoklastes
I'm all for teaser videos done right, but that one wasn't.
uhhh, it's not a movie about a love story and godzillas. it is a short version of "what is in store for the app" video. come on
LukeP
Osong - relax it was meant to be a joke.
Andr
OKOK no sneak peak, but I demand at least some sick music selected by Fiona or whoever was doing it for all the past sneak peaks..

Tser
I'm hoping for XPU Shadow Matte, expansion to Polydraw so it has the same functionality as Maya's Modeling Toolkit, like dragging outside an object and across it to cut, mirrored manipulations (similar to what's in the Edit node). But I can live with the existing Polydraw, but I really need a Shadow Matte in XPU GPU so that I can ditch Arnold forever, here's hoping...
eikonoklastes
osong
eikonoklastes
I'm all for teaser videos done right, but that one wasn't.
uhhh, it's not a movie about a love story and godzillas. it is a short version of "what is in store for the app" video. come on
Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that Houdini wasn't a feature film. You learn so much on these forums. Meanwhile, words - kinda important, y'know (well, to me, at least). "Sneak peek" it wasn't, regardless of the product.

Back on topic, the event is on the 18th, but the video recording of the event will only go up on the 20th. I guess we can still expect a brief features summary clip either to accompany the launch, or to precede it (hopefully).
jarenas
In any case, best part about the launch event announce is the "This event previews the official release that will happen later in the week", as fortunately I'll have some spare time to test new features by then
kumpa
polast
I have enough of render plugins ! please give us the best xpu render ever!

There is nothing i would agree with more.
osong
eikonoklastes
Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that Houdini wasn't a feature film. You learn so much on these forums.
i mean, yeah, that fact was tricky and sneaky, i am happy we figured it out
eikonoklastes
osong
eikonoklastes
Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea that Houdini wasn't a feature film. You learn so much on these forums.
i mean, yeah, that fact was tricky and sneaky, i am happy we figured it out
Absolutely. I'm also figuring out that some people are comfortable with condescension on a public, professional forum, even though I'd consider that wildly out of line. But hey - different strokes, right? I guess the veil of online anonymity is a powerful high for some. You can have the last word on this, I'm out. Also, apologies to SideFX for muddying their forums with this tosh.
osong
I failed at turning this into a comedic situation. My bad, didn't mean to hurt feelings of anyone.
fianna
hey guys - it is live
https://vimeo.com/730356759 [vimeo.com]
Jim Rutherford
All very cool....but that dashbot widget will be a game changer
jpdecristo
looks like there is an sneeak peek at the end
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.