Search - User list
Full Version: Any houdini 19.5 rumors?
Root » Houdini Lounge » Any houdini 19.5 rumors?
Werner Ziemerink
Andr
since when Houdini has sculpting tools??
Have I missed some update??

We've had a Sculpt node for a very long time, but after the introduction of the new Attribute Paint node, I sent an RFE for a new Sculpt node based on that. I will have to check the date, but that RFE has been collecting dust.

The old Sculpt node is near unusable. a New sculpt node could make quick tweaks so much better.

RFE #103719
Created: over 2 years ago
AslakKS
Werner Ziemerink
Andr
since when Houdini has sculpting tools??
Have I missed some update??

The old Sculpt node is near unusable. a New sculpt node could make quick tweaks so much better.

There is Shot Sculpt (at 48 sec)
Werner Ziemerink
Shotsculpt is more of a grab, twist, scale and pinch brush. I hint in the right direction and I like the grab brush (which should be part of the brushes) but most certainly not a sculpt tool.

I don't need hi res sculpting you would get from other vendors. We have great applications.
We need sculpting on existing geo without point count change. Something like Atrrtibute paint that pushes out or in based on the brush falloff. Simple.
Invert sculpt when holding Control
Smoothing while holding Shift.
Relaxing topology while holding Shift + Ctrl.
Grab brush when choosing brush type...like shotsculpt.

Anyway. I don't want to take anything away from SideFX. It's still a solid update and will be a good release. Well done SideFX
raincole
Why is shot sculpt hidden by default tho?
WillMendez
ajz3d
osong
(...) it has a good chance of having a native exoside quad-remesher type of auto retopo tool (...)
The list at the end of the video contains "Fast Remesher" tool listed in "Labs" section. Is it the new quad remesher you mentioned, or some other tool?
osong
i'm afraid it is not
LukeP
osong
i'm afraid it is not

So they are not adding the promised quad remesher? Based on 19 product unveil seemed like it was almost ready. Feathering system was also mentioned.
osong
at this point i have as much info as you guys do, and i would assume if it was indeed a quad-remesher, it would be named as such, alas it does not have the word "quad" in the listing, so i can only infer this is not the thing

if i am wrong, well - there is gonna be a reason for a celebration
Mark Wallman
Can anyone see the 19.5 download link? Best. Mark
osong
announce post says it will be available "later in the week"
habernir
anyone can say some words on how was the presentation?
Digipiction
habernir
Also, when will it be available as a video?
Faitel
Digipiction
habernir
Also, when will it be available as a video?

Houdini 19.5 Launch and Games Workshop: [www.sidefx.com]
The event is being recorded and will be available online on Wednesday July 20
ajz3d
osong
at this point i have as much info as you guys do, and i would assume if it was indeed a quad-remesher, it would be named as such, alas it does not have the word "quad" in the listing, so i can only infer this is not the thing

if i am wrong, well - there is gonna be a reason for a celebration
Oh, what a pity. It would have been a fantastic addition to H19.5's toolset.
edward
Launch page is up on YouTube. It's set for tomorrow (12pm EDT).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPDVHL2YCo [www.youtube.com]
Andr
ajz3d
osong
(...) it has a good chance of having a native exoside quad-remesher type of auto retopo tool (...)
The list at the end of the video contains "Fast Remesher" tool listed in "Labs" section. Is it the new quad remesher you mentioned, or some other tool?

Unfortunately nothing to do with the quad remesher.
Fast Remesh(er) is a multithreaded tool based on the original Remesh Node, so way much faster than vanilla.
I released it for the Tech Art Challenge and they reworked it for the Labs collection, adding some nice new features also.
cheers
LukeP
Andr
ajz3d
osong

Fast Remesh(er) is a multithreaded tool based on the original Remesh Node, so way much faster than vanilla.
I released it for the Tech Art Challenge and they reworked it for the Labs collection, adding some nice new features also.
cheers

So the million dollar question is what happened to the promised quad remesher?
wanglifu
LukeP
Andr
ajz3d
osong

cheers

So the million dollar question is what happened to the promised quad remesher?
I think it will be ready for H20
Andr
ohhh did you guys notice the hou 19.5 forum for beta testers is in read-only mode for everyone?

2 things from the beta forum:
Quadremesher: devs said they are working on it and very excited about it, but it's not yet ready even for beta. So we'll wait after 19.5
COPs 3.0 RFE: huge amount of support by the beta testers. But zero response from the devs. At least SideFX know there is a big interest for COP 3.0, even amongs their most important customers who have access to beta.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.