my fluid sim study

930   2   1
15 posts
Hello,

I finished my 1st tutorial on fluid simulation. Thanks at Sarthak Pandey for a very good tutorial
it's not too bad, but at the beginning I have a big flickering, which disappears in the middle of the animation.
If anyone knows why, it would be nice to help me.

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4IDwfNKDSA [www.youtube.com]
Edited by biborax - Sept. 5, 2022 03:36:41
15 posts
Hello,

a new video of my filp sim learning.
all criticism welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=non_HYomvMk [www.youtube.com]
SWest
26 posts
Just keep doing tutorials I guess. You description gives a lot of space for guessing what to comment, but when someone simply has followed a tutorial there is probably not much to comment about it. Maybe you could compare it with reading a book. If you say, I just finished reading a book, people would probably not care much about it.

After following a couple of tutorials about flip sim you could dig deeper into trying to understand the parameters of the nodes that you use.

You could even skip the beauty rendering part and focus only on controlling the geometry until you get more confident with that.

When you are happy with your learning you could do the same with some rendering and lighting tutorials. Trying to learn and understand too much at the same time can be overwhelming. Then you can simply render the geometry you animated previously.

If you want to get rid of flickering you could try to isolate the source. For example render with diffuse only, then add one component at a time until you see where it is coming from. Try to understand how ray tracing and sampling works. If the flickering you refer to are the highlights in the water I guess it could be the specular component and some small light source. Try finding a photo or video reference for what you are doing and start from there. Your water look quite dirty and those highlights seem a bit unrealistic.
  • Quick Links