Pin Vellum Hair to Pop Sim

745   2   1
42 posts
Hello,

I'm stuck on a vellum sim that exceeds my knowledge^^. I have a Pop Sim on which I would like to copy "hairs" onto which then get simulated in vellum but keep pinned to the particles simulation .

My current state is that I keep only the particles that get created in that frame and then use the "instance on points" emission type of the "vellum source" node to copy some lines onto these points. In a sopnet inside the dop I can create polylines between the hair and the particles via the "id" attribute but I don't know how I can convert these lines to work as pin constraints for the hairs.

Hipfile is provided below
Image Not Found

Greetings Lucca
Edited by Lucca - June 15, 2022 08:55:15

Attachments:
vellum_hair_on_popsim.hipnc (900.5 KB)

28 posts
You need to set your vellumhair SOP to match the animation of the points and then set the target_pt of the vellum points to match some attribute on your pop sim source pts in the solver. I would probably recommend not using id for this, since that is sometimes used by solvers internally.

I've also updated the orient attributes on the pin points to match the normal orientation of your source points as that might be the expected behaviour you're after.
I updated your file.
Edited by gorrod - June 15, 2022 11:10:42

Attachments:
vellum_hair_on_popsim.hipnc (630.0 KB)

42 posts
gorrod
You need to set your vellumhair SOP to match the animation of the points and then set the target_pt of the vellum points to match some attribute on your pop sim source pts in the solver. I would probably recommend not using id for this, since that is sometimes used by solvers internally.

I've also updated the orient attributes on the pin points to match the normal orientation of your source points as that might be the expected behaviour you're after.
I updated your file.

Incredible! Thank you very much

I guess I have to study the vellum attributes a bit more
  • Quick Links