Proper texture viewport workflow?

2178   4   2
29 posts
I would like to view my texture in the viewport, so I add a quickshade and everything works as expected. When I add a material node later downstream for Redshift it overwrites my viewport texture to a plain white. How can I keep my viewport texture and my Redshift texture on the same stream?
2529 posts
You can leverage the Render flag in this case. What I do is keep my UVQuickshade at the very end. I assign the Blue flag to that node, which drives the viewport. Then I CTRL-Click on the display flag on the node above that to move the magenta color to that node. This means Redshift (or any render system) will fetch the s@shop_materialpath from the magenta node, but the viewport will fetch from the blue circle node. The UVQuickshade does overwrite s@shop_materialpath.
Edited by Enivob - July 26, 2022 10:01:22
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
29 posts
Enivob
You can leverage the Render flag in this case. What I do is keep my UVQuickshade at the very end. I assign the Blue flag to that node, which drives the viewport. Then I CTRL-Click on the display flag on the node above that to move the magenta color to that node. This means Redshift (or any render system) will fetch the s@shop_materialpath from the magenta node, but the viewport will fetch from the blue circle node. The UVQuickshade does overwrite s@shop_materialpath.

Perfect, Thank you.
678 posts
JDB Toolkit is also useful. It provides a quick way to Show redshift textures in the viewport.

Cheers
CYTE

406 posts
Does anyone know if the JDB Toolkit should work with 19.5 ?

It worked fine in 19.0.622, but after installing it in 19.5.303 I’m just getting errors.
Edited by toonafish - Aug. 2, 2022 01:23:48
  • Quick Links