H19 Not working on Macbook M1, H18 does

698   4   1
7 posts
For anyone having persistent issues with any licensing errors/launch crashes on newer Macbooks, upgrading to Ventura 13.0.1 OS and downloading Houdini 18.9.696 through launcher seemed to be a good work around for the time being.

Chatted with support for awhile and was not able to get 19 working again on Mac.
22 posts
xtwest
For anyone having persistent issues with any licensing errors/launch crashes on newer Macbooks, upgrading to Ventura 13.0.1 OS and downloading Houdini 18.9.696 through launcher seemed to be a good work around for the time being.

Chatted with support for awhile and was not able to get 19 working again on Mac.
That's odd. 19.5 has been working pretty well on Ventura for me. I have a small issue with middle click on a Wacom getting stuck, but I cannot tell if it's a Houdini issue or driver related.

The app starts fine and runs without issue though. Have you tried the latest 19.5.449 build?
yolomag
8 posts
Hi everyone, I'd like to start learning Houdini on my MacBook Pro (macOS Ventura 13.1). However, after recently downloaded the 19.5.493 version and contacted support due to Scene View having visual issues on objects, they said my system Graphics card (Intel Iris) is not supported.
May I kindly ask if anyone knows if there is an older version that I could use on my MacBook or if there is a way to make it work? Changing my laptop is out of the question as I do not have the budget for that, but if buying an external graphics card works, I am willing to get one.
22 posts
yolomag
Hi everyone, I'd like to start learning Houdini on my MacBook Pro (macOS Ventura 13.1). However, after recently downloaded the 19.5.493 version and contacted support due to Scene View having visual issues on objects, they said my system Graphics card (Intel Iris) is not supported.
May I kindly ask if anyone knows if there is an older version that I could use on my MacBook or if there is a way to make it work? Changing my laptop is out of the question as I do not have the budget for that, but if buying an external graphics card works, I am willing to get one.
A bit of a long shot, but you could look at the recently released M2 Mac Mini's. The lower end models are around the price of a mid-tier external GPU and the beta version of Houdini 19.5 is running exceptionally well on Apple's new GPU's.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/mac-mini [www.apple.com]
yolomag
8 posts
Thank you! This might be my solution without buying a new laptop.
  • Quick Links