Houdini Maxwell plugin for 2.5 is available

28849   38   0
120 posts
hello all..
just a topic for say that houdini to maxwell plugin is out…
it's again a beta version, but work fine for me…
i test again.. but it's really quick.

See you

Best regard
41 posts
Does it work with Apprentice HD ? I installed it but cannot see any shelf or Maxwell specific nodes.
120 posts
hello,
i don't know if it work with apprentice,
but you can find maxwell going:
render -> create render node ->maxwell render

by me i have this “node”…
I work with Houdini Master.

And you can also find node into “Network view” -> tab -> “maxwell camera” and “maxwell environment”
and also into shop node…

(Sorry for my english, tell me if you don't understood)

Best regard
104 posts
Did you use it with Build 715? Seems it is compiled for this version and it's not downloadable from SESI anymore…
120 posts
i installed 11.728 and work fine..
perhaps there is bugs… but i don't seen..
all is ok for me..
104 posts
cool, will try it with the latest build…with the 701 it didn't work. did you test it on windows?
120 posts
i work on windows 7.
I found only light bugs, but nothing problematic..
i think this bugs are too on 11.715..

When i modifie my material into “edit in material editor”, houdini don't take modifications..
and if i use maxwell fire into houdini, houdini crash immediatly..

it's all i've seen
104 posts
thanks supermac! i'm on OSX and it still doesn't render with build 729…will write nextlimit about it…
191 posts
On my OSX machine it also doesn't work with build 729 even if I direct the plugin installation to my actual houdini build. I'm confused about the fact, that the plugin installer will be a build 715 and I can't believe that the maxwell plugin depends on a specific build.
120 posts
hello, i installed with build 729 and he work fine..
18 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm Peter, the developer of the plug-in. The current build is not compatible with 11.0.729 on OSX, so I made a new build which will be available to download today, hopefully.

The reason why the plug-in is built for daily builds: there was a bug in SOHO when the Mantra script was called instead of our script in some cases. Only workaround would have been to modify the Mantra script which we felt too risky. The bug was fixed in 11.0.707, so we released a beta version for the daily builds. Daily buids change fast and there could be compatibility issues with the new releases, but we have to live with that until a new production build is comig out. If you have any problems using the actual daily build, please let me know and I'm going to update the plug-in asap.

There's a topic on the Maxwell forum, where you can report any bugs or feature requests: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=36720 [maxwellrender.com]
But I'm going to follow this thread as well.

Regards,
Peter
120 posts
hello,
When i go on forum, i login… and i get this message: “You are not authorised to read this forum.”

I want give you bug that i seen:

1. When i modifie my material into “edit in material editor”, houdini don't take modifications..
2. if i use maxwell fire into houdini, houdini crash immediatly..

And thank you very much for this plugin, i work with and it's very fantastic..

alone problem for me, maxwell is enough slow for animation…
Think you that Maxwell will use GPU for near futur?

Thank you

See You

Aurélien
191 posts
11HP11
Hi everyone,

I'm Peter, the developer of the plug-in. The current build is not compatible with 11.0.729 on OSX, so I made a new build which will be available to download today, hopefully.

Hi Peter, the actuall production build is now 733. You mentioned that there will be a 729 build available today. Where can I donwload the plugin?

Thanks
120 posts
https://portal.nextlimit.com/ [portal.nextlimit.com]
->enter your login…
->download area
->step3
->download
191 posts
this is for customers only. Actually I'm testing maxwell render with houdini
41 posts
I finally successfully installed the plugin. Somehow it was trying to install it for a version that I didn't have so I just moved the files to my current version.

Now everything loads but I cannot render as it will not render if you have an Apprentice or ApprenticeHD license. So if you' re one of those guys with an empty wallet, don' t bother installing it .
18 posts
Hi guys,

sorry, the forum link I have posted before is accessible for beta testers only. But here is the link of the public topic: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=36736 [maxwellrender.com]

Because the plug-in uses a SOHO node, it does not work with the apprentice version, it requires a Houdini license.

The OSX build for 11.0.729 will be available within some hours, I'll be back if it's ready to download.
18 posts
Aurélien,

could you give me some more details of the crash? You are using Windows7 64-bit, right? Which Houdini version do you try? Does it crash if you press the Render button in the ViewerPane only, or if you press the Render on the Maxwell Render ROP node?

About the “edit in material editor”. You're right, the changes in the MXM editor are not translated back to Houdini automatically right now. You have to save the mxm file, and load it in the Houdini SHOP node. I'm going to implement the automatic reload in the next release.

Peter
120 posts
Hello Peter,
thank you for your help.

Yes i work on windows7

Houdini crash only when i open a windows “new floating panel” -> “new pane tab” -> “render view”
and i choose “maxwell render”…
i can see my render, but if i change anything… houdini crash

i tried with houdini build 715 and now 728

Do you understand? my english is not very good..
18 posts
Yes I understand it well. It's strange, I didn't have such a problem, but I'm going to check. Did you try with a simple scene or a complex one?
  • Quick Links