Texturing a box.

3634   4   1
197 posts
This might be the worst question ever asked here but I'm going to ask it anyway.
How do you texture a box without edge consolidation so that each face has from bottom left to bottom right clockwise these UVs: 0,0 0,1 1,1 1,0. I need it for a Game engine I'm making. It should be fairly simple but I end up with only 2 faces working and the rest smeared (stripes of the first row of pixels) when I import the Obj. It's not the engine because I've used arrays before I made the object loader and the loader works on third party models fine.
8524 posts
may be vague to describe coordinates on 3d face as bottom left and bottom right, but here is the example of each face textured clockwise

Attachments:
uv_per_face.hip (117.1 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
197 posts
Thankyou.
I'd have thought UV texturing would be a little more straight forward for texturing a box.
8524 posts
well, for box you can as well use UVunwrap with scale to none and spacing to 0 if you don't mind that every side will be in different uv square and therefore not 0-1, for repeating pattern it would by visually the same though
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
197 posts
My OpenGL engine needs 0-1, I guess I could code it in to simply transpose but I can't be bothered.
  • Quick Links