Digital Asset tutorial files does not load (vs7)

4467   2   0
63 posts
I decided to go through the digital asset tutorial for the latest version 7 build via the help browser and when I clicked on the load button I get this message: “OPtool.otl load failed: invalid arguement”. I think it's because I don't have this .otl on my system? Where do you get the files for these tutorials? I checked Sidefx's site and couldn't find them (did I overlook it). I would have thought that they would be included with the latest build download. Thanks.

None of the “Load” buttons work for me for the tutorials. Sorry if this has been asked already; but, I couldn't find anything on this using the search feature.

Edit: Never mind. I found the .otl in my demo directory and moved it into the otl directory and loaded it from the File menu within Houdini.
7710 posts
Yeah, the file seems to be missplaced or the location it's trying to load from is wrong.
スタッフ
1182 posts
All the tutorial files can be found in the ‘$HFS/demo/lesson_data/’ directory. The folders in here are named to match the chapters and you can load the files from here. In your case you would use the Install Operator type menu then navigate to the file.
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
  • Quick Links