Files are now Non Commercial!

13348   6   2
8 posts
Hello there!

i am working on a project with my Indie license, really gratefull for the indie option.

I just opened my files and I am getting an error that I entered the non commercial mode which is kind of a problem because I need to start rendering those files in 1080p watermark free very soon.

Can I convert them back to Limited Commercial?

by just copy pasting I am getting (as I paste) the same error ‘entering non commercial mode’…

What's wrong? It happened when I used VDBfromPolygons for my static mesh.

Thnks, hope you guys know!

Best regards
Giso
スタッフ
3455 posts
this can happen if you ever (at any point) use a non-commercial HDA, or (and this happens to me all the time) copy and paste ANYTHING from a non-commercial file into another type of file (hip, hiplc)

there is a one time conversion that can be done by SESI but you'll have to contact support directly as I don't know how that is offered or to who.

otherwise - you'll just have to sit down and re-build your scene node by node - DON'T Copy and paste - with your current file as reference.

HTH
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
8 posts
Hi Arctor,

I am afraid I have to re-build it, just copy pasting gives me instantly the same error

But I'll give SESI a try first.

thanks for the reply!

Giso
スタッフ
3455 posts
just to be clear - this isn't an error, it's a restriction of using a non-commercial license.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
スタッフ
1182 posts
You can convert Apprentice files back to Indie files using this utility:

http://www.orbolt.com/upgrade-houdini-files [orbolt.com]
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
8 posts
thanks for the help arctor and rmagee.

I tried to convert it, didn't work the first time.

It appeared my sim's Initial Frame was created with the apprentice version (don't know why or how, because I made it myself) … Anyway removing the Initial Frame I was able to convert it and re-sim it within the Indie environment.

thnks again for the replies.

Cheers,
Giso
443 posts
Check “backup” folder inside hip directory if there any backup file .
  • Quick Links