Houdini 15 release date?

14601   32   4
3 posts
Hello, besides tonight's event in London, I can't find any info about an official release date for H15. Will it be available tomorrow for customers? It is kind of weird that there isn't any proper promotion here or on the social media (literally no posts here about it besides the wishlist…), if there is software that deserves a bit of hype buildup and advertisement is Hou
379 posts
I also expected this event to be streamlined, like Foundry does with their releases.
636 posts
i was thinking to make a meeting in zurich switzerland for a houdini release meetup in the new houdini cinema (yes there is a new cinema thats called houdini :-). but i didn't made it because:
first there are not many houdini guys here and second the new houdini cinema had a real FX moment a part was burned down. so for the future a perfect place for the CG World meets Real World experience… :-)
208 posts
I want to know when the download will drop too!

Houdini makes great tools but has never been one to build up the excitement around a launch (except maybe with H13 which was a fun launch). To be fair, with Janet Fraser's retirement probably left them a little shorthanded in the drumbeat dept.
3 posts
why is the release of houdini 15 so secretive? Please provide some info about this new exiting release, we really want to know more :-)
スタッフ
1182 posts
The H15 product launch is not happening on October 5. The event was called a launch event but it is more of a preview event. Houdini 15 will be formally launched very soon. We promised October in the sneak peek and there is a clue in the version number ;-)

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
7 posts
so in 10 days is the release :shock:
Edited by - 2015年10月5日 16:23:27
4 posts
hmm… yeah, the wording seems to have changed on the london event:

“Side Effects Software, in partnership with Escape Studios, owned by Pearson College, invites you join us for the official launch of Houdini 15 on October 5th!”

now it says:

“Side Effects Software, in partnership with Escape Studios, a part of Pearson College London, invites you join us for a sneak peek at Houdini 15 this coming October 5th in London, UK”

208 posts
javascriptemoticon('roll')

milesvignol
hmm… yeah, the wording seems to have changed on the london event

“Side Effects Software, in partnership with Escape Studios, owned by Pearson College, invites you join us for the official launch of Houdini 15 on October 5th!”

now it says

“Side Effects Software, in partnership with Escape Studios, a part of Pearson College London, invites you join us for a sneak peek at Houdini 15 this coming October 5th in London, UK”

(
roll roll
22 posts
Hi! First time here and recently getting into Houdini.

Was just wondering if you guys have the video online somewhere?
636 posts
Arvin Villapando
Hi! First time here and recently getting into Houdini.

Was just wondering if you guys have the video online somewhere?

at least there is a video from the übertage 2015 germany: https://vimeo.com/140505036 [vimeo.com]

this event i don't know.
22 posts
Thanks man!
4189 posts
rmagee
The H15 product launch is not happening on October 5. The event was called a launch event but it is more of a preview event. Houdini 15 will be formally launched very soon. We promised October in the sneak peek and there is a clue in the version number ;-)

Robert

10.15.15 is a pretty cool launch date but 15.15.15. would have been even better !
636 posts
MartybNz
10.15.15 is a pretty cool launch date but 15.15.15. would have been even better !

also the fifth would have been a good date!
5.10.15 => 5 + 10 = 15 :-P
7 posts
@MartybNz:
how do you get 10.15.15 ?
466 posts
Deniz Sahin
@MartybNz:
Very simple. With Mr Houdini's magic.
636 posts
Deniz Sahin
@MartybNz:

in some places of the world they write the date in this format: MM/DD/YYYY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country [en.wikipedia.org]
7 posts
mandrake0
Deniz Sahin
@MartybNz:

in some places of the world they write the date in this format: MM/DD/YYYY
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country [en.wikipedia.org]

ah i see !!!! ops:
240 posts
Yep - we Americans are weird like that. Also, we don't use metric. :shock:
99 posts
I see I'm not the only one that thought H15 was launched yesterday.

Ahh well, the 15th isn't too much longer.
  • Quick Links