Mosaic window light?

2444   5   1
23 posts
Hi everybody, I switched to Houdini from Maya and RenderMan. Some times ago I did one scene, where a light comes through the mosaic window and casting color rays through little fog. I am trying to achieve that in Houdini but have no luck. I tried portal light, geometry light but it is behave little strange. In attachment I post a reslut from Maya and RenderMan and want to do the same in Houdini.
Can anybody please help me how to do that? Thanks a lot. Teresa

Attachments:
34_PxrVolume_08_74.jpg (157.2 KB)

23 posts
In RenderMan shader the mosaic picture was placed to the refractions but I can't find the way how to put an image map to refractions in Houdini. I am attaching the sample scene with light fog, box and window, probably someone can help please…

Attachments:
mosaic_window.zip (300.6 KB)

379 posts
Try something like this. You can build your own materials and plug texture into Refract color. File attached.

Render.
http://www.evernote.com/shard/s234/sh/d9633008-452b-41d3-a149-e94cf6428eee/e57e0a9a5f05954ad3333792bf0f8b09 [evernote.com]

Attachments:
mosaic_window2.hipnc.hiplc (1.7 MB)

23 posts
Hi Srecko, Yes, thats it. I din't know how to put a file to the ref_ctr. So simple, just add a texture node a connect it Thanks a lot.
23 posts
By the way is there anywhere description of all available inputs and outputs of these nodes? “ref_clr” is quite easy to think it is reflection color, but there is a lot of strange named inputs and outputs so man don't kniw what each one means.
379 posts
You can mouse over property, on Mantra surface node or inside on VOPs nodes, and that will give more descriptive name.
  • Quick Links