for loop boundry

2504   5   2
1529 posts
After working with it for a bit, I must admit I'm finding placement within the convex boundry rather uncomfortable to work with.

I often find myself laying out nodes in order to accommodate the boundry “making sense” rather then the boundry making sense for the node layouts.

Anyone else? Is this just in my head?

G

edit: in particular, I wish there was a way to move the entire group of nodes contained in the outlined area without having to select them all.
edit: I guess it's a shade of claustrophobia with the boundary always been so close to the nodes.
Edited by - 2015年11月9日 12:16:57
2528 posts
I kind of feel the same way. I liked the old FOREACH. Jumping inside did not bug me. This new way, while more flexible, does seem a bit more visually sloppy.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
284 posts
You could always make a HDA out of a subnet that reproduces the style of the old foreach node. Or just collapse it into a subnet when needed.

I agree it looks a little sloppier, but as long as it's faster than the old way I don't care.
4189 posts
The new loops kick-butt - but better node organising tools would help too. i.e. select nodes and scale their positions, rotate their positions etc .akin to the handles, ‘y’ key, in the Animation Editor
85 posts
I love the new loops workflow really fast and flexible to work with
however i cannot stand the new convex hulls they drive my OCD to distraction

what I wouldn't give for a square bbox (not a subnet) version to keep my networks tidy

as it stands I have to put nulls in the corners to make a quadrilateral
Sam Swift-Glasman
Art Director
Five AI
3 posts
I can't stand the new loops in VOPs. It feels much more awkward to work with and I can't do simple things like associate floating node sets with a loop block without having to connect it to an input.

I wish they at least kept the old way of doing things. I feel like I keep having to do stupid stuff to make Houdini happy than working the way I want to.
Charles Trippe
  • Quick Links