Interpolate UV's to volume from Source Geo

4191   2   3
696 posts
I'm curious if there's a better way to interpolate a texture map from a source geometry to a volume than what I'm doing in the attached file. Using a scatter, and an attribute transfer seems to be a real bottle neck, and so I'm wondering if there's a way to directly interpolate the uvs from the original geometry either onto the point cloud before the volume from attrib, or directly into a volume.

I figured there must be a way either with a wrangle or a vop, but I can't seem to find anything appropriate.

Attachments:
pigvolume.jpg (48.3 KB)
sample_geo.hipnc (371.8 KB)

Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
238 posts
can't check your file right now, but the vdb from polygons sop has the functionality to sample point data into a grid. so i guess you need to promote from vertex to point and then creating a vector field by sampling uv
http://www.sekowfx.com [www.sekowfx.com]
182 posts
Like sekow said, VDB from Polygons SOP does all the work for you.
And although it's possible to have UV volumes from a poly mesh, I'd suggest you avoid doing so, if you don't want to have visible seams ( especially if you have multiple UV islands like the pig head does ).
Instead you could apply the color from the map to the vertices and then create a Cd vector volume from that.

Attachments:
pighead_volume.hipnc (392.2 KB)
pighead_volume.jpg (310.5 KB)

• Quick Links