Peter Quint / PQ Houdini moving to youtube

6489   3   0
53 posts
Vimeo have started enforcing the rule that if you make tutorials for a product, even if you are not associated with the product's owner, and don't make money from the tutorials, you need a PRO account. So after six years on Vimeo I have a choice: to charge for videos to help meet the high cost of a PRO subscription, or move off Vimeo.

I hope to have all the content back up within a week or two.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCadDnwVUjIgXmq9XeLV05wQ [youtube.com]
Peter Quint
2 posts
I asked Vimeo about this as I also have many tutorials on there. This was the reply.

Sorry for any confusion! The only content that really requires a PRO account would be videos used for commercial gain. So if you’re selling access to these tutorial videos, then you’ll need a PRO account for sure and that has always been the case.

But if you’re making tutorials that are free to use, you can use any account type for that.
53 posts
Vimeo have now been said the same to me in an email so the axe is lifted. This followed two weeks of reminders that if I didn't upgrade my account would be suspended.

In any case thank you for the support. I will try to keep videos on both YouTube and Vimeo in future.
Peter Quint
143 posts
peter !

here I want to thank you for all your great tutorials ans efforts.
I learned so much from you.
god bless you man!
I always look forward hearing from you doing great work.
  • Quick Links