Houdini Indie Cloud Rendering support

3315   2   1
20 posts
Hello,

I understand that Houdini Indie will send the scene information directly to the third party renderer without intermediate steps. Will this prevent to render using such third-party renderers on a pay-per-minute remote cloud farm service?

I'm considering to switch to Houdini after I read about the third party rendering support in Indie but I would need to be able to send my render jobs to cloud services. Is this possible?

Thanks
379 posts
Not sure will this answer your question, but I was using Houdini Indie on GridMarkets, but with Mantra, not sure will that be possible with 3rd party renders.
スタッフ
635 posts
SreckoM
Not sure will this answer your question, but I was using Houdini Indie on GridMarkets, but with Mantra, not sure will that be possible with 3rd party renders.

If the cloud service provider has Houdini installed on their machine, you can upload your Houdini Indie-generated .hiplc file and then invoke the render command from it. This is the scenario implemented by GridMarkets, which thus allows you to do third party rendering as well.

If the cloud provider does not have instances of Houdini installed on their nodes, you will not be able to do mantra or third party rendering with Houdini Indie on the cloud because Indie does not allow the generation of intermediate files for rendering (such as .ifd, .ass, etc).
  • Quick Links