Houdini To Maya

4501   6   1
23 posts
Hello guys!!

Can someone tell me how to use Houdini engine for Maya to export all the contents from Houdini, Recently i tried rbd and smoke simulation and i want to take both thing s to Maya for rendering!!
62 posts
If its just for rendering, rop your work out as bgeo.
Then make a digital asset with a file sop pointing to your bgeo, and bring that asset into maya.
Hope that helps
G
23 posts
I tried that Gerbrand but in Maya its showing no geometry generated when i import .otl file .. can you please tell me which process you prefer..
and yes its for rendering purpose only
182 posts
Afaik you don't need to use engine if you export the RBD animation as alembic and the volumes as .vdb files. I don't know which renderer you use, but VRay and Arnold can both render .vdb files.
818 posts
nachiketkadhe
I tried that Gerbrand but in Maya its showing no geometry generated when i import .otl file .. can you please tell me which process you prefer..
and yes its for rendering purpose only

In the file path inside the asset, are you using $HIP? $HIP doesn't work well through Houdini Engine.

Besides hardcoding the file path inside the asset, you could also promote the file path parameter to the asset. Then select the actual .bgeo file when inside Maya. This way, you don't have to make an asset for each .bgeo file that you're trying to load.
Andrew / アンドリュー
23 posts
Thanks to all of you guys ill try definitely try!!!
23 posts
Can someone please tell me how to export volumes and particles from houdini as alembic and .Vdb, Because i tried earlier but it didn't work

looking For help!!
  • Quick Links