Cutoff for CopyOp?

2774   4   1
49 posts
How it could make a cutoff with volume for an CopyOp?

I would like delete complete instances of source object that it position be outside (or inside) from that volume.
53 posts
The copy op works by copying an object to points. The best way to approach what you want is to delete the points that are outside the volume. You can use an attribute from volume node to create an attribute on the points that tells you whether they are in the volume, use a point wrangle or group sop to group the ones outside the volume, and then delete that group.
Peter Quint
49 posts
Thanks for you reply pwquint!

I have done this using a group (point wrangle is much advanced for me cos I don't have VEX knowledges), and my next issue is find a way to group only points connected. I would like only delete polygon islands.
Edited by Unaided - 2016年11月6日 17:10:46

Attachments:
image4.jpg (855.8 KB)

49 posts
I found this [forums.odforce.net]post with a great method from dbukovec user to select connected points, and it works perfectly for my purposes.

However still I need two steps more… and surely I will need ask.

Attachments:
islands_cutoff.jpg (238.0 KB)
islands_cutoff.hipnc (66.7 KB)

49 posts
I want to share my personal exercise building a cutoff for a CopySOP and a bit more. It's a basic thing for anybody Houdini guru's. Anyway I have been done a tutorial about it. I hope could be useful for some beginner Houdini user.

http://vimeo.com/albertogz/houdinicopiescutoff [vimeo.com]

PS. My apologizes for my bad english.
  • Quick Links