【HELP】magic energy look effect

2741   4   0
26 posts
I could make lines like this but the material is really a trouble.Any advice to render like this?

Attachments:
IMG_0469.JPG (14.2 KB)

7760 posts
Looks like pure shader to me.
336 posts
I would experiment layering Worley cellular noise multiplied to the density of a spherical volume, use that density as input to a fire intensity field in a Pyro shader and play with the ramp values. Looks like there's some nice depth based color effects, maybe use the gradient of a VDB volume as a way to modify color and intensity inside the volume
26 posts
moogtastic
I would experiment layering Worley cellular noise multiplied to the density of a spherical volume, use that density as input to a fire intensity field in a Pyro shader and play with the ramp values. Looks like there's some nice depth based color effects, maybe use the gradient of a VDB volume as a way to modify color and intensity inside the volume
Thank you very much!It works.
But I can't get some sharp glow lines like the picture…

Attachments:
QQ截图20170901101410.png (199.0 KB)

150 posts
If you can normalise the output of the noise between 0 and 1, try to use power (or bias) and gain, before you mult it back to a higher value.
https://openfirehawk.com/ [openfirehawk.com]
Support Open Firehawk - An open source cloud rendering project for Houdini on Patreon.
This project's goal is to provide an open source framework for cloud computing for heavy FX based workflows and allows end users to pay the lowest possible price for cloud resources.
  • Quick Links