GameDev SImple Baker - Error Running Callback

9326   19   4
5 posts
Hello,
this is my first try using houdini since 2010…
i'm following this tutorial -> https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/high_res_mesh/ [www.sidefx.com]
it's pretty cool, but at the step of baking normal and other maps, i get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "opdef:/Sop/sop_simple_baker?PythonModule", line 4, in render
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.405/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion.py", line 3239, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.405/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 46461, in render
    return _hou.RopNode_render(*args, **kwargs)
OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.

i don't know what to do at this step, because it works nicely in the video, not in my reality.

is there anything to do?

thanks.
2 posts
Same Problem. No idea.
240 posts
Hello!

Unfortunately this could be a few different things. So let's start with the basics to figure out what's happening.

Are you using 16.5 and the latest game dev tools? 1.9 Development Branch?

Luiz
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
3 posts
We're running into this as well.
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “opdefSop/sop_simple_baker?PythonModule”, line 4, in render
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.405/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion.py”, line 3239, in decorator
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.405/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py”, line 46461, in render
14 posts
I get a similar error:
File “opdefSop/sop_simple_baker?PythonModule”, line 4, in render
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion.py”, line 3136, in decorator
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.268/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py”, line 42467, in render

I'm running Indie 16.5.268 with the dev branch, I got the same error in 1.9 and 1.10.

I also get this error when baking with the gameres sop, which is to be expected.
Edited by isjtar - 2018年4月10日 07:08:32
240 posts
Can you guys shoot me an example file over to luiz at sidefx.com? I can't seem to reproduce it on my machine, but there's been enough reports to make me thing something can be fixed.
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
14 posts
Mail sent…
240 posts
So one of the issues was with not having a Mantra license installed. I'm guessing this could be the cause of a few of your errors.

So make sure that in your license administrator you also have a Mantra license under Installed Licenses.
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
3 posts
Our license for FX is temp, as a result we don't have our Mantra licenses yet. I'll let you know when we do and if that fixes it for us.
2 posts
having the same problem too following this tutorial. was working on the most recent apprentice houdini, uninstalled that installed the stable version. same problem. seems like mantra license is installed. (attachment)

Attachments:
Mantra.JPG (45.4 KB)

555 posts
see this thread:

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/55169/ [www.sidefx.com]

since the OP never replied, I can't 100% confirm the actual cause…but I think it's because of using Apprentice…you can't use the default resolution 2048x2048.

Max res I found was 960x960 (for Apprentice)

(I'm 99.99% confident Apprentice is the cause)
Edited by vusta - 2018年5月11日 20:01:56
2 posts
thankyou vusta yes that worked reduced to 960 x 960 apprentice seems to be the cause
5 posts
I've just gotten Houdini Indie and am getting the same error:
File “opdefgamedev:op/sop_simple_baker?PythonModule”, line 4, in render
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.571/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion.py”, line 3262, in decorator
File “CPROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.571/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py”, line 46539, in render

I'm new to Houdini, basically I followed a Houdini Game Dev Toolset tutorial (the Pavlovich one, fwiw) on Apprentice, and worked up until the point where I got the error and realized I was limited to the 960x960 render. I then bought Indie, installed, redid and am now getting the sameerror, regardless of resolution.

Finding this thread, I gather this may be because, in addition to the Houdini Indie 16.5 license, I need a Mantra license, I think. I don't see that it wsa installed when I downloaded and installed Houdini Indie:

Is this something I need to do separately? The licensing FAQ page is pretty dense, and I gather I need to become handy with the command line tools to do this- but is this the most likely path to resolving my issue? I'm a little confused because I don;t understand why I could do this at 960x960 on Apprentice, but can't do anything without getting an error with Indie.

Attachments:
Mantra.PNG (418.2 KB)

35 posts
I just had this same issue and fixed it by setting resolution to 960 x 960.

I'm also on apprentice license.
The only devil I know is in the detail.
1 posts
I've just upgraded to the FX license and I can't get the game baker or the simple baker to work, I'm using Houdini FX 17.0.352 and game tools 1.72 but I've tried 1.73 as well.

The error I get is…

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "opdef:/gamedev::Sop/sop_simple_baker?PythonModule", line 4, in render
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion\ui.py", line 706, in decorator
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.352/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 49868, in render

Even though I'm not running the apprentice version I tried baking out at 512x512 just in case my mantra licence didn't upgrade correctly but I still get the error.
40 posts
no solution yet ?

this problem is really anoying.
1 posts
Solution from SideFX:

“The issue is that the simple baker needs a full filepath to bake to, not just Dbake. It needs Dbake/${HIPNAME}_$(CHANNEL).tga”
21 posts
I'm getting this error using GameRes SOP and this is the filepath I'm using: $HIP/render/${HIPNAME}_$(CHANNEL).tga, looking in simplebaker inside it seems like it resolve the path as expected. Is this normal?

I found it was Quixel Bridge messing around, so just commenting that houdini_path fix it in this case. More details could be found here: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/post/280912/ [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by ocalaf - 2019年4月16日 17:47:50
1 posts
I also got the same issue when using the simple bake sop.
I'm using Houdini Indie Steam version and I didn't found any related info, also I can't see my lisence management on Steam so I don't know if Mantra is up to date.
I've already change the path file, the resolution but get no result got any idee to fix it ?
6 posts
2023 and this is still a problem...I have tried all the steps minus updating to the newest daily build. Please fix!
I was able to fix this by making a mantra node. I don't know if all the other steps need to be in place too because I tried all of them; but it started working right after I made the Mantra node in the Out context.
Edited by DanTrip - 2023年1月16日 20:13:19
  • Quick Links