Lots of problems with engine and input

4095   5   1
8 posts
Hi,

I'm having a bunch of issue to generate a procedural mesh using an input.

First when I load the asset I get a "no geometry generated" error in the console before I even try to assign the input.

Then when I try to add the input it's a nightmare, I CTRL click the input + the digital asset but can't get the proper UI to show up, always just the UI from the mesh in the attribute editor and no matter the order I select them. so it's very hard to assign my input. After a couple minute of fiddling around I manage to have both selected and I can assign my input.

So I click Set to Selection button, but it adds the wrong thing, either it adds itself there or both of the selected objects.

Then when it finally works I often get a "Unexpected error when creating input asset." error.

so I have to fiddle more like moving the digital asset in the scene and try again, then it finally works

I'm using Maya 2018, I try on my colleagues computer and they have the same issues.

Is this know issues or are we the only one with these problems?

Thanks!
603 posts
What version of Maya 2018 are you using?
There is a known issue with Update 4 which is unfortunately affecting the plugin:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-programming/array-attr-inside-a-compound-are-not-evaluated-maya-2018-update/td-p/8233305 [forums.autodesk.com]
8 posts
Hi,
I'm using maya 2018 without any update pack.
8 posts
Little video showing the struggle to assign the input

Attachments:
2018-10-11_10-29-36.mp4 (6.1 MB)

146 posts
Rather than trying to use to use the selection order to get the right nodes to show up in the attribute editor, try using CopyTab to tear off a copy of the attribute editor tab for the asset node, and then just select the object to be connected normally, and use the SetToSelection button on the torn-off tab.
8 posts
That works better indeed, I never noticed the copy tab button before. Thanks!
  • Quick Links