Mantra flicker on far away objects

2000   1   0
3 posts
Hi,
I have a pretty basic crowd sim with small dudes with hats, I have noticed that the ones far from the camera tend to flicker on the hats, even though it all looks good in the viewport. If i move the camera closer the problem goes away. I have attached 2 images that shows the problem, as you can se one of the hats is of in one of the frames but the problem goes away when i zoom in a little bit. None of the agents close to the camera has this problem. My question is basicly, is there any way to fix this? My render time is superfast so a bump in that would matter to much.
The agents are packed when I render as has a very simple stylesheet
Edited by Linus Rosenqvist - 2018年10月22日 09:00:26

Attachments:
frame1_small.jpg (26.9 KB)
frame2_small.jpg (29.2 KB)

スタッフ
2540 posts
Try setting the Raytracing Bias parameter on the Mantra ROP (Rendering > Shading > Raytracing Bias) to a smaller number. It defaults to 0.001 so try 0.0001.

I wonder if it could also be a transform deform issue with precision in the crowd agents. Maybe the cap's transformed slightly differently than the head skin causing the two to interpenetrate.

Is the cap placed as a prop in the agent or is it part of the base deforming mesh shape?

Btw the agents look awful cute.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links