Perspective Matching

10792   7   2
76 posts
In Houdini, there is no tool via which you can display the correct camera perspective in relation to the photo? In 3ds Max there is a tool Perspective Matching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX6oUj4k7II [www.youtube.com] There's really no analogue in Houdini? I searched the entire internet and did not find
655 posts
No, I am afraid there isn't one, although you could build it yourself if you wish (not trivial though).

This should get you started.
http://offbytwo.net/camera-matching/ [offbytwo.net]

Good luck!
Edited by jordibares - 2018年12月16日 16:57:56
378 posts
For a still perspective matching can be done by hand relatively easily with a little bit of practice. If you have a movie clip to match you can try blender which has a matchmoving tool.
216 posts
Probably not as powerful as Perspective Matching of 3ds max but in soft you have a script that allow to find exact camera focal.
RealLens [www.softimageblog.com]

I usually use them for photo matching in soft and it simplify a lot hand matching with the exact 3d camera focal.
It can probably easily by adapted to Houdini.

Of course a complete Perspective Matching tool can be better if you have enough courage !
76 posts
julca
Probably not as powerful as Perspective Matching of 3ds max but in soft you have a script that allow to find exact camera focal.
RealLens [www.softimageblog.com]

I usually use them for photo matching in soft and it simplify a lot hand matching with the exact 3d camera focal.
It can probably easily by adapted to Houdini.

Of course a complete Perspective Matching tool can be better if you have enough courage !

Thank you! I understand it can be done in softimage and then transferred to Houdini? How is the transfer going?
216 posts
dddmod___
Thank you! I understand it can be done in softimage and then transferred to Houdini? How is the transfer going?

Hello, this script “just” compute a fixed focal in function of your kind of camera (or with the sensor size if your camera is not referenced).
After, it's just a matter of UI menus to set and autofill 3d camera values parameters.

But you always need to position and orient your camera by hand (anyway, a right focal parameter help a lot !).
Then you can export camera with fbx.

Or just copy paste focal to houdini with a mathematical conversion (cf. this thread for conversion : interesting thread [www.sidefx.com]). And then position and orient inside houdini.

I hope I'm clear.
Cheers
18 posts
This is probably one the best approaches(That I've seen for Houdini yet) that gave me at least a decent start:
Edited by Fontenelle89 - 2019年1月23日 13:03:39
27 posts
Fontenelle89
This is probably one the best approaches(That I've seen for Houdini yet) that gave me at least a decent start
Sadly the teacher is incorrect. He uses exponential coordinates, and they gives “somewhat accurate” result.
Edited by Njordy - 2020年1月25日 09:12:54
  • Quick Links