Add CVs to curves

3482   3   3
10 posts
I can't seem to add CV's to a curve. The online documentation says just to press shift + LMB, but nothing is happening. Do I need to be in a particular mode? I'm running Houdini on Linux and I know that sometimes the key commands are a little bit different from other OSs.
339 posts
That is only for the Curve Sop, if you have existing curves and want to add points you can use PolySplit.
Jesse Erickson
Fx Animator
WDAS
スタッフ
2540 posts
You need to be in the SOPs state, both in the network and in the viewport. Select the Curve SOP and with the cursor over the viewport, hit enter. You should see the name of the tool in the upper left tool bar at the top of the viewport

That should give you the curve's edit points in the viewport. Try shift clicking on the curve where you want to add the point.

I wonder if you are running in to the special case mode for displaying objects at the object level where you get to see the last Display SOP's active geometry in the viewport when you select the “Handle” tool, the one immediately below the scale tool in the left vertical toolbar, and getting confused.
This feature is there to encourage users to resize geoemtry after placing from the shelf in SOPs as opposed to the object level among other things.
There's at least one school like the old school!
59 posts
old_school
You need to be in the SOPs state, both in the network and in the viewport. Select the Curve SOP and with the cursor over the viewport, hit enter. You should see the name of the tool in the upper left tool bar at the top of the viewport

That should give you the curve's edit points in the viewport. Try shift clicking on the curve where you want to add the point.

I wonder if you are running in to the special case mode for displaying objects at the object level where you get to see the last Display SOP's active geometry in the viewport when you select the “Handle” tool, the one immediately below the scale tool in the left vertical toolbar, and getting confused.
This feature is there to encourage users to resize geoemtry after placing from the shelf in SOPs as opposed to the object level among other things.

Hi Jeff,

I have curve cv edit related doubt,

how to select multiple cv's atatime and edit/move/translate them

Looking forward to hear from you,
thank you in-advance for your time and help.
Pavan

Got the solution appended a Edit sop and made multiple selection with point mode selection, done, made it
Edited by Sweetener - 2019年3月15日 12:37:56
Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
  • Quick Links