crowds & RBD collision

3507   4   2
4 posts
Hi all,

I've been playing around with the crowds stuff in houdini 16.5 and I keep running into an issue with getting a custom crowd agent created from an imported FBX file to collide with RBD objects. I have no idea what exactly I'm missing, I've even recreated the example houdini ragdoll using my custom agent character instead of the inbuilt character from the houdini shelf.

No matter what I do my custom character doesn't collide with any ground or RBD objects. I've setup the custom agent limits and collision layer shapes.

If I rebuild everything using the inbuilt character from the houdini shelf the collisions work, but when I use my custom character created from an imported FBX file no collisions work at all.

not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks for any help.
2536 posts
It could be that your custom agent mesh has a hole in it? Perhaps the eye sockets? You can't construct a water tight collision mesh with a source mesh that has holes. Try applying a PolyFill before you bake.
Edited by Enivob - 2018年4月25日 09:28:22
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
スタッフ
727 posts
Do you see anything if you enable the guide geometry on the Crowd Object? That shows you what the Bullet solver has, so if nothing is there you likely either don't have a collision layer, or the crowd state is not set to Animated Static or Active
4 posts
I've checked for holes in the mesh and I couldn't find any holes, it's all one mesh.

I can see the guide geometry from the collision layer and my crowd state is set to animated static. As far as I can
the bullet solver can also see all of the collision objects. When I toggle the show guide option the objects turn
to a blue colour.

When I run the sim I can see my character go from the animation to the ragdoll state. It's just my character doesn't
collide with any of the RBD objects or the ground, it just goes straight through everything.

I'm using very simple objects as RBD objects like box/ball shapes.
5 posts
I'm having this issue too, does anyone have an answer or update?
  • Quick Links