no see "smooth wire shaded"

2167   5   1
7 posts
Good day! One problem is that smooth wire shaded does not see as wireframe. I use the Houdini FX 17.
how to enable to see smooth wire shaded?

Attachments:
1.png (358.9 KB)
2.png (303.9 KB)

191 posts
I've emailed support about this where any packed geo doesn't display wireframes on flat or smooth shaded. They said they couldn't reproduce the bug just creating a polygon sphere and use a pack sop. Could be a system specific or maybe graphics card issue maybe.
7759 posts
This isn't a bug. 17.5 disables drawing wire-over on packed by default. There is an option to turn it on in the display prefs for the scene viewer.
191 posts
Good to know, jsmack. Although it's a little arbitrary to add the feature and have it off by default…
7759 posts
mkps
Good to know, jsmack. Although it's a little arbitrary to add the feature and have it off by default…

I think their reasoning was along the lines of it being informative of the state of the geometry you are looking at. Before there really wasn't a way to tell if something was packed without inspecting.
191 posts
I can understand what the reasoning could be, but some of these smaller changes don't get much attention. I guess the person I was emailing at support didn't even think or know of it. Maybe they could have done something a little more obvious like make the wireframe a different color or thicker, or maybe make a new badge for packed geo.
  • Quick Links