HQUEUE problems

1288   2   0
39 posts
Hi. I'm having a troubles using hqueue. I have laptop and mac that I want to use for rendering and simulations. First I'm trying to render a frame on my main machine which is server and client at the same time. Job goes to the farm. First step “Prepare Render Jobs (frames 373-375)” goes through successfully. But then when rendering actual frames I get error with this log:

return isValidTempDir(head) if head else False
  File "//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/houdini/soho/python2.7\IFDmisc.py", line 183, in isValidTempDir
  File "//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/houdini/soho/python2.7\IFDmisc.py", line 183, in isValidTempDir
  File "//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/houdini/soho/python2.7\IFDmisc.py", line 182, in isValidTempDir
    head, tail = os.path.split(path)
  File "//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/python27\lib\ntpath.py", line 180, in split
    d, p = splitdrive(p)
  File "//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/python27\lib\ntpath.py", line 117, in splitdrive
    if (normp[0:2] == sep*2) and (normp[2:3] != sep):
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp
".

I tried to open ntpath.py, to take a look what's in it. It makes names and paths usable for Houdini but what names and paths ? All names I use looks correct to me.
Did anyone have similar issues ?

Another problem is very common. When I submit job to another pc I get error “Access denied”. I read bunch of topics but nothing really helped. When I try to change log on parameters in HqueueClient service I get error that service cannot be runned under that cridentials.
731 posts
I would add the line:

print "examining path %s" % p

….to line 176 of the file:
//DESKTOP-4UT7N45/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.windows-x86_64/python27\lib\ntpath.py

Make sure you get the indents right.

This way you will see which path it's struggling with. Is there a chance there is a space in one of your file paths?
Edited by mrCatfish - 2019年9月3日 08:58:27
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
39 posts
Hi Sean. Thanks for your advice. I will give it a try. I did a test just now. Created clean scene with sphere and camera. Submit it to hqueue on a local machine and it worked well. Render was done. So apparently there is some path in the scene that Houdini doesn't like. Then I tried to submit the same job to network pc. It failed with error: Access denied. Even though the service is running under username account. Firewall is off, uac is off. Is there any other ideas why it fails ?

Another fun thing is happening with variables. $HQROOT right now look like:
It feels like every time I restart houdini it adds H: set HQROOT into variable.
H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = H: set HQROOT = DESKTOP-4UT7N45/projects

Thanks.
Edited by maxpayne - 2019年9月3日 12:24:12
  • Quick Links