FBX export Problems ( attached file I can not export HELP)

2188   3   1
23 posts
First houdini is Great

but Man I am having real problems with exporting using FBX it's been uneven since i moved to houdini for the last 4 months some may be user-related cool but

I'm using both the File-> export FBX and the FBX export node

so far all i can say is fbx is slow getting worst and more unreliable in my current scene. ?

I have deleted EVERYTHING from the scene the only thing left is a null ( that has animation) and a Cube parented to the null (just to have some geo)

still no luck with export ?

I need this animation in Unity to go with the simulation work I have already got out of Houdini, but it's now 3 days and this is the last item I needs out of Houdini, 2 day seeing the fbx export do nothing and export NO animation is really …. a pain.

Please check the Hiplc file, attached if you can give me a FBX with the animation that would be great too. if you can tell me why or where I got exporting out of Houdini wrong so i don't run into this again that would be even better…

model export with no animation is my issue.
Edited by Thomas4D - 2019年10月17日 01:03:37

Attachments:
_buggy.7z (141.2 KB)

Most Joy
Thomas4D
“The Bruce Lee of XYZ”
143 posts
Hello
i did try to export your test scene and everything is working !
my guess is that you just didn't export the animation
when you choose file>export>fbx
you have then to enable “export frame range” or then you will only have a static mesh

Attachments:
SharedScreenshot.jpg (325.5 KB)

23 posts
no,must be something my side then I did check animation export ( it's now 3 days hitting this issue pretty much-tried everything in everything way) but no animation appears in unity for that item only that scene was huge alot of simulation, tons of animation all was export using FBX no really issue.

except this last null and cube…

are there config files for FBX export in Houdini ?
or should i just a complete uninstall reinstall of Houdini ??
Edited by Thomas4D - 2019年10月17日 17:25:31
Most Joy
Thomas4D
“The Bruce Lee of XYZ”
143 posts
Hello
I'm not using Unity so much but some time trying with older fbx version like 2014 or 2012 help….
is your fbx working in other software or viewer or is it just Unity ?
There's nothing more to install , i'm using Houdini last production build myself
if you're using an older version try to reinstall to a newer one maybe !?

and if it's just this cube maybe you could do this animation in Unity , as it is simple !?
Edited by Benjamin Lemoine - 2019年10月18日 05:33:20
  • Quick Links