How to customize Top node's UI when save as Python Script?

1634   2   0
159 posts
I copied the Generic Generator Python script to create my own node, but the UI is different from the shipped one. And I checked the tutorial, the UI is strange, too.

Attachments:
20191110160953.png (150.9 KB)

スタッフ
387 posts
Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what is happening with the asset in your screenshot without being able to see the Python script for the node. What happens generally, though, is that PDG will construct a basic Houdini parameter interface for the node based on the template defined in the node's Python script. This has to happen because the PDG node is distinct from the TOPs node.

I made an exact copy of the Generic Generator Python script, and I've attached an image of what the auto-created TOPs UI looks like. What we always do at this stage is right click the node -> Create Digital Asset and create an HDA for the node so that we can manually create the user interface (for usability, etc).

I hope this helps – please let me know if you have any more questions.

Attachments:
template.PNG (29.4 KB)

159 posts
BrandonA
Hi,

I'm not sure exactly what is happening with the asset in your screenshot without being able to see the Python script for the node. What happens generally, though, is that PDG will construct a basic Houdini parameter interface for the node based on the template defined in the node's Python script. This has to happen because the PDG node is distinct from the TOPs node.

I made an exact copy of the Generic Generator Python script, and I've attached an image of what the auto-created TOPs UI looks like. What we always do at this stage is right click the node -> Create Digital Asset and create an HDA for the node so that we can manually create the user interface (for usability, etc).

I hope this helps – please let me know if you have any more questions.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. The screenshot is not from my computer, it's from Ken's masterclass. Here's the link:
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-core-concepts/ [www.sidefx.com]
it's in around 01:01:02
Edited by EricSheng - 2019年11月11日 21:09:16
  • Quick Links