any chance to see Houdini friendlier to touchscreen devices?

4319   5   0
118 posts
I currently own an indie license for my surface book laptop and I'm experiencing a lack of support for the touchscreen: for instance, I can only rotate the camera in the viewport…
not even the most basic “two fingers” zoom seems to be supported.

I understand that ligth touchscreen devices might not be a priority for a software mainly used for heavy simulations, but I love killing the time with Houdini on my laptop when I'm on the move and would be great to see some basic touchscreen implementation…

cheers
Edited by Andr1 - 2017年7月1日 16:45:12
1 posts
Two years from your original post I'm here to really agree with you Anyone who's tried use a mouse on a plane or Houdini with a touchpad will too. I think Houdini is a really good candidate for a touchscreen!
87 posts
+1, I'm getting cramps in my fingers from too much mousing. I am switching to an intuos indefinitely and I've been wondering about Houdini + Cintiq, which is how I found this thread. Cintiq and Multitouch for Photoshop, Zbrush and Houdini would be awesome…I'm looking for an excuse to splurge on one and never use a mouse again. Wanna get the attention of other graphics artists? Support the industry standard tools they already use!
/ken_jones/$: _
14 posts
Yes! It's can be very useful. Recently I very often used houdini on different devises (iPad with SplashTop) because I need to be flexible and not attached to the place.
555 posts
how has the touchscreen industry been doing during Covid 19 i wonder…

(prolly pivoted to hand sanitisers to survive)
2 posts
Hey, guys. Recently got a razerblade with touchscreen for show lighting pre programming. Houdini is a joy to use on this thing, would love to be able to zoom in the viewport and node network using 2 finger gestions on my touch screen!
Edited by blahParsec - 2022年7月28日 18:46:18
  • Quick Links