deactivating Pyro Source

1600   2   0
39 posts
So this is a much asked question and i have searched on the forums but everyone seems to suggest similar things but im hoping i might be missing a setting in the solver or source input.

So i'm trying to hide the source volume, this is the basic shelf tool explosion and as you can see on the bottom, is there source.

I've seen people suggest taking the source volume into the pyro import and subtracting the volume. Also seen using the vel field to subtract the density as well.
But i'm trying to turn off the source all together. This is about frame 51 in the sim, if you look by the source you scan see some licks of flame/smoke coming off of the source, this isnt something i would be able to remove if i'm using the sphere as the volume to subtract with. Before anyone suggests, i dont really want to use a box to cut a chunk out of the bottom of the sim as it would defeat the purpose of what i'm trying to do which is to create a texture atlas to be used in a game engine.

On the volume source i've animated the activation turn be 0 after 24 frames, i've also put a switch at the OUT_Fuel null where after frame 24 it will switch to a null, i've also keyframed the scale for fuel and temp to be 0 after frame 24 as well. Am i going around this all wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (328.7 KB)

39 posts
To add i have seen forum posts like this, but again they are using volumes to subtract. wouldn't really get rid of that smoke/flame coming off the source.
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/28915/?page=1#post-132698 [www.sidefx.com]
87 posts
Try fuel advection…on the pyro solver turn on fuel advection on advection rate or speed (can't remember what its called) to 1. That should cause 100% of the ignited fuel at your source to move with the vel field so none is left behind. Might also need to play with other combustion parms to make sure you don't have enough temp to ignite any leftover/unused fuel…e.g. set ignition temp and fuel inefficiency really low. Hope this helps!
/ken_jones/$: _
  • Quick Links