Render View Features

1353   1   1
240 posts
(Solaris noob alert)

From a VFX-Lighting-Department perspective we typically rely on host UIs like the Render View Pane, the Redshift RenderView, or any similar UIs in whatever programs we use for lighting and rendering.

Solaris focuses the lighter's experience squarely into the viewport, which at the moment doesn't seem to offer a lot of the tools we typically use day-to-day for VFX lighting (loading in reference imagery for plate matching and storing/comparing renders.

Assuming I haven't missed some panel or options somewhere, does SideFX have any plans to augment the viewport rendering options to add some of these features which typically have existed inside dedicated render views? Or is this a Pxr/Hydra question rather than a Solaris one?
- Tim Crowson
Technical/CG Supervisor
7761 posts
Tim Crowson
Assuming I haven't missed some panel or options somewhere, does SideFX have any plans to augment the viewport rendering options to add some of these features which typically have existed inside dedicated render views? Or is this a Pxr/Hydra question rather than a Solaris one?

I believe SideFx plan on extending the scene viewer with these features rather than updating the existing render view. For now, mplay is a usable buffer for a/b of renders.
  • Quick Links