Multi-Object FBX animation Export Cook Time

1660   1   0
36 posts
I have taken an RBD sim and cracked the transforms to rebuild the sim at the object level, with a different object for each piece. I have ~1000 pieces and 100 frames to export, and I dont know that it will even complete cooking. With my actual scene, I have reduced it to 20 frames and it would take an hour or so to cook. This process isnt multi-threaded currently

Any ideas on how to make this faster so I can iterate? I'm wondering if the 6000+ channel references over 100 frames are what is slowing it down, or a better way to handle that. attached is the file and rig1 is the export obj

This is for import to Unreal, and while I'm aware of the alembic export options, the skeletal mesh import for alembic doesnt seem to actually import more than 1 bone and creates a large unreal asset. FBX export forces it to build a correct skeleton.

Attachments:
objTrans.JPG (107.5 KB)
skeleton_v01.hip (11.1 MB)

36 posts
Rather than channel reference, if you bring all of the data into chops, so that it cooks each frame and then export to override the parameter on each obj, it writes the fbx instantly.
  • Quick Links