Wedge ROP changing order from Frame-By-Frame to Node-By-Node

1074   1   1
30 posts
Hey, as the title pretty much explains I'm just trying to do the conventional setup of doing a geo-rop followed by an Open-GL Rop for easy preview of sim iterations. Unfortunately, when I introduce a wedge-ROP to the bottom of the tree, the order changes from Frame-By-Frame to Node-By-Node, making the instant previews nonsensical.

This is the setup. And what I need is to have an OGL-Render after each Geo-Render, so to flip around all the time. What it's doing is that as soon as I render with the wedge, all the Geo-ROP-frames get output first and then all the OGL-ROP-frames.

If you're wondering why I'm doing this in ROPs and not with the new fancy TOPs: As much as I'd love to, this is a setup for our RoyalRender-Farm, which doesn't support TOPs (and juding by the response to feedback never will).

I also couldn't find anything on this forum or odforce, so I'm probably missing something.
Or is that a general limitation? That would be a pity.

Thanks for the help,
Martin
Edited by martin-egger - 2020年7月11日 10:23:42

Attachments:
Screenshot_238.png (34.9 KB)

- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
30 posts
Here is also a very simple setup where you can try around if you want. It's a simple cube with some subdivisions that gets rendered.
Don't mind the missing MNP_filecache and MNP_farm_submit, the demonstration ROPs are in the OUT-context.
Edited by martin-egger - 2020年7月11日 10:32:26

Attachments:
wedge_rnd_0007.hipnc (809.0 KB)

- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
  • Quick Links