Material Palette Not Showing Gallery Entries

3261   6   1
191 posts
I'm trying to save material presets to a gallery, but the majority of the time they don't show up in the material palette gallery tree. Everything shows up when I look at the Gallery Manager window. I've had success with it showing in the material palette occasionally but then try for a second material and it doesn't work. Anyone know the proper workflow when saving materials to the gallery?

It doesn't seem to matter if I save to /gallery/Custom.gal or /gallery/VopMaterials.gal…
17 posts
Hi, Ive got the same problem (both with Houdini Indie 17.0.416 and 17.5.204).
Any idea?
Edited by Sun2X - 2019年5月6日 12:54:08
191 posts
I stopped looking into that issue, doesn't work in 17.0.352 either..
7737 posts
It works fine except that the Keyword is not filled in correctly when dragged to the palette. Open the tool palette (wrench icon in network tab) to see all gallery entries, and edit gallery entry keywords to include ‘Mantra’ and it will appear in the Material Palette.
191 posts
Adding in the Mantra keyword makes it show up. Thanks
1 posts
This is also true with Redshift.
the “Redshift” keyword must be entered in, when the material is saved to a gallery or it won't appear.

Thanks for the ‘work around’. This is not intuitive though and can be considered as an unexpected behavior.
It would be nice to polish that detail.

Cheers,
Stef
190 posts
Hello,

It's very weird that mantra needs to be added to the keywords in order for materials to show up in the material palette.

Is there not a way to add other Renderers Like materialX "" or arnold to the all Renderers dropdown menu ?
  • Quick Links