DSO Error (126): SOP_RealityCapture.dll

4498   6   1
8 posts
Hi,

Just installed clean Windows with clean Houdini Indie 18.0.532 production build via Houdini Launcher and clean Redshift 3.0.25. Added RS lines in the .env file and now have loading error on each Houdini launch:

Houdini DSO Error (126) Couldn't load C:/........532/houdini/dso/SOP_realityCapture.dll This is probably because this file was intended for use with a different version of Houdini.

Seems weird since as far as I know RealityCapture is a part of SideFX Labs and I didn't installed it.

Tried to search. Found similar topics in the past. Reinstalled Redshift and Houdini itself. No luck.

What did I do wrong?
Edited by rozhabrev - 2020年8月15日 21:30:34
8 posts
UPD: Switching to RS 3.0.24 solves the issue. Weird.
2 posts
Hi I just met the same problem but when i switch to redshift 3.0.24 it still doesnt work…

Attachments:
houdini.env (527 バイト)

65 posts
Hey… I too am having the same problem exactly as described in the original post. Running houdini 18.0.499. I do not run into this problem if I take out the script added to houdini.env that allow redshift to run.
1 posts
hi, for me this solution work
download the reality capture software, install it.
and after add this line to your houdini.env

PATH = “C:\Program Files\Capturing Reality\RealityCapture;$PATH”
HOUDINI_PATH = “C:\Program Files\Capturing Reality\RealityCapture;&”

HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2

maximilien
43 posts
I actually did all of the above and still nothing worked. Actually after installing reality capture it made it so houdini doesn't even open now.
http://vimeo.com/garretthoyos/demoreel [vimeo.com]

http://animation.byu.edu/ [animation.byu.edu]
1 posts
garretthoyos
I actually did all of the above and still nothing worked. Actually after installing reality capture it made it so houdini doesn't even open now.

Any luck? I'm running into this exact issue. I'm wondering if it has to do with the houdini launcher install.
  • Quick Links