SIDEFXLABS - VHDA Workflows

6898   10   2
197 posts
Hi Everyone,

Take a look at a new great workflow UX enhancements we have made for working with HDAs in Labs.

Let us know what you think. Please file RFE/Bugs with SideFX support. This thread is mostly for discussions.

Paul
Paul Ambrosiussen
Technical Artist, Freelance
twitter.com/ambrosiussen_p
11 posts
Hey Paul, this is a great addition to labs!

Do you plan on supporting the Embedded HDAs? I use them a lot.
257 posts
Nice addition!
Pretty much every studio I've been at rolled their own because the default way of making namespaced versioned digital assets is so prone to making errors.
Cg Supervisor | Effects Supervisor | Expert Technical Artist at Infinity Ward
https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-claes-10a4854/ [www.linkedin.com]
7 posts
Thanks for this, but how to turn this on?

I've updated LABs to version 603 (latest this window shows me), but I still don't have this option for versioning with gui.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-10-29 122808.jpg (45.8 KB)

197 posts
That version of Labs (603) should have VHDA support. Do you see any other Labs tools? Or none at all.
Paul Ambrosiussen
7 posts
Seems like everything working correctly, I'm using some of the tools, never experienced issues.

Attachments:
oz_labs_working.jpg (264.4 KB)

197 posts
Do you have any other plugins / toolsets that might also modify the right-click OP menu installed?
I just tried 603 myself on a fresh install without anything else and it works for me.

Could you try renaming/deleting your preferences folder and try on a clean environment? (make a backup)
Paul Ambrosiussen
7 posts
Just checked on 18.5, it's working there, no longer issue for me, thank you, Paul.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2020-11-05 104244.jpg (24.4 KB)

1 posts
Is possible to make custom presets for the structure? We are currently saving our hdas inside a parent folder with the same name and with a new file for every version.

Example:
$MY_HDA_PATH/the_great_tool/the_great_tool_0.001.hda
$MY_HDA_PATH/the_great_tool/the_great_tool_0.002.hda
and so on
197 posts
Aleksej Skrypnik
Is possible to make custom presets for the structure? We are currently saving our hdas inside a parent folder with the same name and with a new file for every version.

Example:
and so on

Hey! Yes, we will be shipping an update soon that includes a nice preferences menu for various things. (including that)
For now what you can do is set VHDA_PATH in your env vars and it will use that as the default preset values.

Paul
Paul Ambrosiussen
45 posts
Ambrosiussen
Aleksej Skrypnik

Example:
and so on

Hey! Yes, we will be shipping an update soon that includes a nice preferences menu for various things. (including that)
For now what you can do is set VHDA_PATH in your env vars and it will use that as the default preset values.

Paul

Hi,
I would like to set a global vhda.config file but I only can redirect the Preferences via the "HOUDINI_USER_PREF_DIR" environment variable. Is there a environment variable to directly set the vhda.config file? VHDA_PATH is not working for me.

Thanks for the nice tool.
Cheers Martin
Edited by louisx - 2022年8月24日 07:33:11
  • Quick Links