Is there a shortcut to display node info?

2636   3   2
233 posts
I’m honestly so tired of pressing middle mouse button to display info or waiting for the wheel to show to select ‘I’. Is there any shortcut similar to ‘r’ for render flat that would allow me to pop up node information? Eg hover over a node and press a key to pop up the info. Dismiss when the key is down. Also sidefx why can’t we have a pane tab type that could display selected node information the same way that parameters are displayed. The current approach feels like ‘how could we implement this simple feature to make it the most annoying to the user’.
80 posts
There is a hotkey you can set for Current Node Info, if you search for info in the hotkey editor you will find it. It doesn't work for me for some reason, maybe due to some custom toolsets I have installed. Can you try it? if it doesn't work submit an RFE.

It's not exactly what you are looking for but you can setup another geometry spreadsheet click on detail and choose the Intrinsics you want to view. It's mostly the same information as the info panel just not as well presented.
3D Freelancer
https://www.artstation.com/ffd [www.artstation.com]
4495 posts
Hi,

You can assign a hotkey using the hotkey editor.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | animatrix2k7.gumroad.com
233 posts
Thank you
  • Quick Links