Keep World Transform not working?

3829   4   3
4 posts
Hi, I am working on an HDA for Houdini Engine in Unreal, where I need to be able to point to a mesh in world space to use for a boolean operation on the HDA. This works fine as long as the HDA is placed exactly at 0,0,0 in the world, but when I move it and rebuild the asset, the boolean doesn't appear at the correct location anymore, even though I have “Keep World Transform” checked under the world outliner input. I am using an object merge node to fetch the cutting mesh, set up as seen in the attached image.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Edited by RasmusHauschild - 2020年11月17日 17:57:12

Attachments:
houdiniHelp01.PNG (46.8 KB)

4 posts
For anyone else who might have the same issue, this is the solution I found:
You can't use the “keep world transform” function in Houdini Engine with the “Object Merge” Node. You have to actually set up inputs for your HDA through the type properties, then it works like expected.
スタッフ
534 posts
Hi,

When using object merge inputs, we do not have access to your object merge's node “transform” parameter, since when using the HDA, the node is locked.
It is up to you to set this parameter correctly in your HDA. In your case, I suspect that changing the parameter from “Into This Object” to “None” would have solved your issue.

When using SOP inputs on your HDA, the object merge node is created by the plugin, so we are able to set this value for you via the “Keep World Transform” checkbox.
13 posts
Hey, is that keep world transform stored as attribute? Cant get that setting have effect when using with PDG. Only working when using only basic HDA without PDG in UE4.

Having TOP network in HDA. The HDA have a SOP input that is connected to null which is read from geometryinput inside TOPs (sop path). Would be interested know the name of that possible world transform attribute to add the offset to curves that are currently not following HoudiniAssetActor location but snapping to 0,0,0.

Having UE4 instances placed following curves, multiple curves each with own workitem. As strange thing, all items still recook when moving any of the curves. Should each curve point be own workitem or how to prevent that. Would be cool to have HoudiniUE4 tutorial for PDG curves updating only data related to the edited curve. Like in that video showing the feature in unity.
Edited by SaOk - 2021年2月1日 14:42:21
1 posts
SaOk
Having TOP network in HDA. The HDA have a SOP input that is connected to null which is read from geometryinput inside TOPs (sop path).

In Unity, we select the asset input, and in ue4 , we should set the world outliner input.
  • Quick Links