What am I doing wrong here? Or is this just why god and Side

1208   2   0
1 posts
I'm tinkering with vellum and have a weird issue–when I use a plain grid as the cloth object and run it through a remesh, random points are/act as if they are pinned (they are given a @mass of 0), even though there is nothing set as pinned in the vellum constraint node.

I've emptied the cache, restarted, even tried a new grid with slightly a different initial subdivision count, and the result is the same–various points stay in space, pinned (although with differing initial geo point counts, the points that don't move are different).

A grid without remesh works fine. A planar patch actually works fine. I've tried various other objects, all run through remesh nodes (and without), and they all work fine. I could even assign those points a new mass through a wrangle, and that worked fine, but it seems like for something as basic as a remeshed grid, this shouldn't be happening.

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this just why god and SideFX made planar patches?
236 posts
Hip file?

It sounds like you're doing something wrong.

L
I'm not lying, I'm writing fiction with my mouth.
8539 posts
It's the remesh node, it tends to create 0 area triangles which results in 0 mass for vellum if you let it compute mass

Here is how to fix such geo
https://forums.odforce.net/topic/45743-remesh-creating-slivers-at-edges-of-geometry/ [forums.odforce.net]
Edited by tamte - 2021年2月24日 23:47:10
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links