HDA terrain tool , terrain invisible.

4094   8   1
13 posts
The terrain is invisible. No textures are showing.

Started a new URP project.

fix is. Click created terrain in the scene, go into its settings "Base Material" and create a new URP -terrain mat. Then you can see the ground and see what you have drawn. (after removing the two installed layers.

It appears the HDA is using older shaders.

AND

if you rebuild it screws up again.

its faster to create the terrain in Houdini, save the height map and use the Unity terrain tool box to finish it.
Edited by sqwert_1 - 2021年4月18日 05:58:26
22 posts
Hey sqwert,

I had similar issue. It went away when I plugged in a default material in HEngine plugin settings:https://i.imgur.com/WPlOwTg.png [i.imgur.com]

If you are on URP the material has to use an appropriate URP shader like -> Universal Render Pipeline/Terrain/Lit

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ilia
Edited by Twirlbound - 2021年4月21日 09:13:31
13 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I did find that material slot before.

It only seems to work until you recalculate the terrain, then you have to reapply the base and terrain layers.

What Iám doing now is exporting my own heightmap into the Unity terrain toolbox from Houdini as a .png file.
Later I will export a splat file for layering in the game.
Edited by sqwert_1 - 2021年4月21日 18:11:25
100 posts
Added support for auto-generated HDRP/URP materials in Houdini 18.5.555.
13 posts
anthonyt2
Added support for auto-generated HDRP/URP materials in Houdini 18.5.555.
using houdini 18.5.563 and the terrain_tool from asset store.

OK that works, but you need to update the HDA so it grabs a the default terrain texture. AS it is now you have to know to click materials and then add a texture. Does not seem to be very useful as is, I see no way to edit the terrain using the terrain toolbox
100 posts
Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "no way to edit the terrain". The Unity plugin creates a gameObject with a terrain component attached to it so you can modify it as you like. Additionally, you can use the unity_hf_texture_diffuse attribute to add textures straight to certain areas. This is the same as in the previous built-in render pipeline. I attached an example HDA that applies the texture "Assets/Materials/Textures/grass.jpg" in certain areas of the terrain.

For more information, see: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/unity/_terrain.html [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by anthonyt2 - 2021年5月6日 10:22:23

Attachments:
simple_Textured_Terrain.hda (26.8 KB)

13 posts
The problem was I was testing 18.5.563 on a non HDRP/URP project so the shaders were wrong and not showing the material I put into the default material slot. Started a new test project and getting nice results now
Edited by sqwert_1 - 2021年5月7日 00:52:23

Attachments:
houdini.png (3.0 MB)

13 posts
went back to standard pipleline in Unity (due to URP shader issues with tree generator and baked lightmap with Speed Trees) and the HDA does not render any layers.
Gone back to using my own height maps generated in Houdini and exported into the game, then plugged into the built in terrain tool box to generate the map.

Not really any faster than hand sculpting in the end lol

edit: also why is Houdini not able to export a .raw filetype height map that could be used with the toolbox ?
Edited by sqwert_1 - 2021年5月8日 04:37:57
100 posts
Hi! If you encounter any plugin-related bugs or would like to request an RFE, please log it at https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/38188/ [www.sidefx.com] and we can take a look
  • Quick Links