Help! HDA parameters not showing in unreal 4.25.4

3512   2   1
280 posts
Help! HDA parameters not showing in unreal
1. i used unreal engine 4.25.4 (i know the plugins compatibility is with 4.25.0, but i can't find ways to install 4.25.0 anymore its not listed in the launceher anymore)
2 i use houdini (18.5.462, 18.5.486 both python 2 or 3 version , which version should i use?)
3 also tried to download the plugins from the github for ue 4.25 and houdini 4.62)
4 also manually copied it in the plugins>runtime directory
5 plugins is ready and loaded, can import hda and instantiate it. it also works too "if" there are no promoted parameter,.

ive seen that other ppl also experiencing this... but i still havent found any solution

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (42.1 KB)

280 posts
does anyone has any answer to this?
57 posts
I've seen similar log outputs before and it turned out that the HDA's parameters had been input into the HDA's Parameter Interface (which would only add them to the instance) rather than the HDA's Operator Type Properties. If this is the case, edit the HDA's parameters by accessing the gear icon and selecting Type Properties to input the parameters that are to be exposed; not the option Edit Parameter Interface.

If the parameters are only applied to the interface with Edit Parameter Interface then they do not show up as exposed in UE4 and the log notes the Bad parameter reference. But if the parameters are input into the HDA using Type Properties, they should be accessible when used in UE4.
  • Quick Links