unity_instance with Building from Patterns not working :(

2052   1   1
14 posts
I'm setting the unity_instance attribute up with a CSV import so I have the paths and that attribute filters through merging floors with modules and even shows up on the building from patterns node but the point cloud output lists the attribute as blank? I'm new to houdini but I presume I need that attribute all the way through to the point cloud output to get Unity to instance parts right?

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
NOTE: I have a slightly different graph for doing this with FBX files and no instancing so I can see the building in Houdini and that works fine.

Also, if I do a session sync in Unity and a HE > Generate > Rebuild on this HDA, Houdini and Unity just lock up. I have used session sync with other HDAs so I don't know what is going on with this one.

HDA, CSV, and FBX files attached (would need to make prefabs out of the FBX in a unity project)

Unity: 2020.3.28f1
H:19.5.303
HE: 5.0.0

Attachments:
unity_instance not working.zip (55.8 KB)
1.png (682.6 KB)
2.png (480.7 KB)

14 posts
In case anyone else needs the answer. The issue is that while the buildings from patterns node has a Unity drop down, it is internally hard coded to look for unreal_instance. So, you have to create an unreal_instance attribute to feed into the tool, then select Unity on the tool and it will spit convert your unreal_instance attribute to unity_instance. It's a beta tool after all.
  • Quick Links