How to edit primitive path in Lop

2030   5   3
5 posts
Hello everyone.

Do you know how to edit the primitive path in Wrangle, Python or something else in Lop?
For now, I know one solution, That is to carry it once to Sop and replace it with wrangle.
This is simple, but if possible I would prefer to do it all in Lop.
7737 posts
primitive paths cannot be changed
スタッフ
451 posts
The Stage Manager LOP can be used for this.

Attachments:
stageManagerRename.hip (82.3 KB)

5 posts
robp_sidefx
The Stage Manager LOP can be used for this.

Oh I didn't know this node..
But for example, Could I edit this "*_GRP" and Mesh?

Attachments:
sample_lop.hiplc (278.6 KB)
2022-11-28_16h28_21.png (1.1 MB)

5 posts
Ah It's solved, I have got correct result when I used configure layer node.
330 posts
While it is technically possible to pull this off, it is neither straightforward nor efficient. In heavy scenes, it's prohibitive to try to do this because of how slow it is.

I understand that the stage needs to be rebuilt to execute it, but would it be possible instead to have a feature where Solaris maintains a list of the original prim paths, but allows us to trivially rename and restructure the graph (directly in the Scene Graph Tree) with no performance penalty, via a system of naming aliases that point to the original (behind the scenes), rather than actually renaming the originals?

The actual naming can be done when exporting the scene to maintain the scene integrity.

Having this ability would be a massive boost to productivity when trying to organise messy scenes, and also make the Scene Graph Tree in Solaris a lot more intuitive and user-friendly.
Edited by eikonoklastes - 2022年11月28日 03:35:18
  • Quick Links