Single layer exr's

2338   8   0
67 posts
Hello, I've got one question. How to render single layer exr's instead multilayer in karma?
Edited by sniegockiszymon - 2022年11月8日 15:26:27
75 posts
I believe 'Enable Legacy EXR Mode' on USD Render ROP is what you are looking for.
67 posts
ysysimon
I believe 'Enable Legacy EXR Mode' on USD Render ROP is what you are looking for.
unfortunately still uses multi layer but some older version of multi exr (unless i need to set something else as well)
7755 posts
legacy exrs still have multiple layers. The new exr is 'multi-part' which some older software doesn't support. Are you looking for one layer per file? In that case you'll have to create a product for each layer with a unique file name.
67 posts
jsmack
legacy exrs still have multiple layers. The new exr is 'multi-part' which some older software doesn't support. Are you looking for one layer per file? In that case you'll have to create a product for each layer with a unique file name.
Yes,I want all passes on seperate file, it should be one checkbox like in redshift or blender for example. Multi layers are not always efficient esspecialy when you are using subtractive workflow in compositing
75 posts
sniegockiszymon
jsmack
Yes,I want all passes on seperate file, it should be one checkbox like in redshift or blender for example. Multi layers are not always efficient esspecialy when you are using subtractive workflow in compositing

I thought this approach would increase a lot of hard disk IO time?
67 posts
ysysimon
sniegockiszymon
jsmack

You are still saving the same amount of data, but in multiple files, so propably saving lasts a little bit longer, but there is huge advatange in reading when you are using subtractive workflow in compo (you load only beauty and then subtract only pass you want to change). There is great explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79yb3UvQTQ [www.youtube.com]
Edited by sniegockiszymon - 2022年11月22日 17:34:20
7755 posts
sniegockiszymon
ysysimon
sniegockiszymon
jsmack

You are still saving the same amount of data, but in multiple files, so propably saving lasts a little bit longer, but there is huge advatange in reading when you are using subtractive workflow in compo (you load only beauty and then subtract only pass you want to change). There is great explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79yb3UvQTQ [www.youtube.com]

Multipart exr already only loads the passes being used.
スタッフ
43 posts
There are other reasons to prefer a discrete file per AOV. If you don't want to archive AOVs that didn't contribute to the final comp, for instance. Or if you sometimes find yourself in a situation where you'd like to version up only a portion of the render.
  • Quick Links