Hello -- Houdini Beginner Question

1057   3   1
3 posts
I am following a course and have done everything I can to make sure I've followed every detail thus far -- but my hull seems to not respond to the RBD bullet solver collision properly. I've tried the hull that came with the course and also made my own hull ( which is my eventual goal) . Would someone be so kind as to have a look at my scene file and see what is wrong with the geo of my hull? It must be something in how I modelled the hull. I followed the rules of watertightness but I just don't know why particles penetrate the hull... It has a thickness but maybe not enough? I appreciate any guidance you may have. Thanks in advance.

Using 19.5 Indie.
Win10 current
i9 9880xe
RTX3090
128gB ram

Asif

Attachments:
PSV_BOAT_IN_STORM_LEARNING.hiplc (4.2 MB)

2526 posts
Your Static Object node needs more configuration. The easiest way to fix it is to throw away all the collision nodes inside FLIP_Sim_Main and move the Display flag of Pre_Boat_sim to the null OUT_Boat. Move up to /obj level, turn on the Display flag for Prep_Boat_Sim. On the Collisions tool shelf, pick the Deforming Object button and choose Prep_Boat_Sim for the target. Read the instructions at the bottom of the 3D viewport. Remember to press ENTER with your mouse over the 3D viewport to establish a collision setup that will work with FLIP.
Edited by Enivob - 2022年12月1日 15:31:09
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
3 posts
Enivob
Your Static Object node needs more configuration. The easiest way to fix it is to throw away all the collision nodes inside FLIP_Sim_Main and move the Display flag of Pre_Boat_sim to the null OUT_Boat. Move up to /obj level, turn on the Display flag for Prep_Boat_Sim. On the Collisions tool shelf, pick the Deforming Object button and choose Prep_Boat_Sim for the target. Read the instructions at the bottom of the 3D viewport. Remember to press ENTER with your mouse over the 3D viewport to establish a collision setup that will work with FLIP.

Thank you very very much -- I am going to try this now. Cheers
3 posts
Enivob

Sorry to bother you again -- do I also get rid of the collision nodes in "BOAT_Sim" Network? I did what you instructed above but the hull falls straight through the sim....
  • Quick Links