Cryptomatte metadata problem

2423   6   1
67 posts
Hello. Did anyone had issue with crypto and meta data wth it. I read crypto in nuke, all colors looks fine, but metadata list is empty. I've tried add path to .json manifest file in render setting, but there is any after rendering
Edited by sniegockiszymon - 2022年12月19日 20:40:56

Attachments:
untitled0.png (384.4 KB)

スタッフ
4159 posts
I haven't heard of this happening with Nuke and Karma... but if no one else chimes in, and you're rendering with Karma, I'd suggest logging a bug through support or the website form [www.sidefx.com], with an example hip file as well as the .exr
I'm o.d.d.
67 posts
goldleaf
I haven't heard of this happening with Nuke and Karma... but if no one else chimes in, and you're rendering with Karma, I'd suggest logging a bug through support or the website form [www.sidefx.com], with an example hip file as well as the .exr
I will do so, just wanted to check here because I'am new in usd and maybe there are some extra steps requiered to make it work. I attach hip file with simple example, I've tried with nuke 13 and 14.
Edited by sniegockiszymon - 2022年12月21日 09:33:30

Attachments:
crypto_issue.hiplc (685.8 KB)

スタッフ
418 posts

It seems fine on my end (I tried using Nuke 14.0, rendered using 19.5.435). Tried both sidecar manifest and embedded/metadata manifest. If you're outputting manifest as sidecar, you need to set "Manifest Source" on your Nuke's Cryptomatte node to "Sidecar" and select the sidecar file.
Also, just in case you're unaware, "Matte List" in Nuke's Cryptomatte node does not refer to every available IDs, but rather just your current selection. You need to use the picker and do ctrl-click on viewport to select IDs you want to generate matte for.

Attachments:
crypto_nuke.png (177.5 KB)

67 posts
dlee
Image Not Found

It seems fine on my end (I tried using Nuke 14.0, rendered using 19.5.435). Tried both sidecar manifest and embedded/metadata manifest. If you're outputting manifest as sidecar, you need to set "Manifest Source" on your Nuke's Cryptomatte node to "Sidecar" and select the sidecar file.
Also, just in case you're unaware, "Matte List" in Nuke's Cryptomatte node does not refer to every available IDs, but rather just your current selection. You need to use the picker and do ctrl-click on viewport to select IDs you want to generate matte for.
Yeah with ctrl clicking and using metadata it works, but issue with sidecar is that I have no file on disk. Did you change something in this hip file to get .json saved into directory?
スタッフ
418 posts
Ah, no I didn't change anything in the file, but I did render to mplay first, which wrote out the json file (that's most definitely a bug... rendering to mplay shouldn't write anything out). Rendering to disk indeed does not write out sidecar file, but that's because the "Sidecar File" parameter only takes in path relative to the exr file's output (so in your example scene should be just "sidecar.json", not "$HIP/render/sidecar.json"). We should be handling that more gracefully, or at the very least documented better.

Can you file a bug with a link to this thread? Thank you!
5 posts
if anyone still can't get it right....Denoising other aovs on exr file can also cause some errors.
try to use undenoised exr file for crypttomate.
  • Quick Links