Linux distro with no problems running H19

7510   25   5
23 posts
One more vote for POP! OS, been using it for a year now with no issues.
スタッフ
463 posts
I've been developing on Rocky Linux 9 for a while now and haven't run into any issues besides the aforementioned problem with the Help Browser.
190 posts
johnmather
I've been developing on Rocky Linux 9 for a while now and haven't run into any issues besides the aforementioned problem with the Help Browser.

Hello i have been on RHEL8 to avoid the browser issue but omni-verse has forced me to switch to RHEL9.

To my surprise the help browser doesn`t work still.Can i get a status update on the bug report ticket ?
スタッフ
463 posts
I looked into this issue again recently but it unfortunately looks like it's an upstream issue with Chromium due to the new version of glibc. I attempted to backport a number of patches to our build, but none of them worked. We'll continue looking for a solution. In the mean-time, you can either disable the sandbox via the environment variable posted on the previous page, or use QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--single-process" houdini. Note that in both cases, caution should be taken in which web pages are accessed as you are disabling a layer of security.
1 posts
srinivas_chilukuri
Ubuntu 22.10 working fine.
Had to install few additional libraries.
help browser is not working though.

HOUDINI_EXTERNAL_HELP_BROWSER=
Try to add this stroke in houdini.env it will work with your default browser
190 posts
THX For the info !
Edited by NicTanghe - 2023年1月20日 14:58:14
  • Quick Links