Cannot set file path by python property script

1349   4   0
117 posts
I'm trying to set a file path property by referencing another property in the scene.

So I have PropertyA which has this file name:
"D:/vf/Library/Tech/Fusion/FusionComplexSetup/FramesFusion/a/vfx_complex_01a_12x11_F132.$F4.exr"

Then I have a File node that references this property.
But it never works. It says cannot find the file. I think that it is the $F4 that causes the problem.
If I link to the file manually it says exactly the same as the file above so the spelling is 100% correct.

Any idea what I can do to make it work?
2531 posts
Show us what the filenames look like. Does your file contain four zero padded digits?
Edited by Enivob - 2023年1月28日 08:39:15
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
117 posts
Enivob
Show us what the filenames look like. Does your file contain four zero padded digits?

vfx_complex_01a_12x11_F132.0001.exr

I can make it read the file if I point only at the first so I have 0001.exr in the end. But the second I try to use $F4 then it stops working and it complains that the file cannot be found.

So just to iterate. If I would type this exact string in the file node then it works.
However if I have another node with a string/file property and I copy and paste relative, then it does NOT work.
This is in the img file node, that I try to load for compositing.
Cheers,
Andreas
117 posts
It seems like no matter how I do it there is no way to have a File import of exr sequences with $F4 in the name. If I type it by hand it works, but it will never work if I set it by python or by a link to another property. The result will always be "cannot find file"
311 posts
Could you please provide a simple file including the Python you have so we could take a closer look?

Edit: or try something like this and see if it helps in your case
hou.hscript('echo -n vfx_complex_01a_12x11_F132.$F4.exr')[0]
Edited by SWest - 2023年1月29日 10:28:14
Interested in character concepts, modeling, rigging, and animation. Related tool dev with Py and VEX.
  • Quick Links